Like so many school and early learning centers, Blind Children’s Center closed on March 16th, 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We quickly adopted a distance learning approach, which we have continued to evolve and strengthen. Today, our virtual program model is designed to respond to the unique needs of each child and their family. Working through our strong relationships with families, teachers and specialists engage children and caregivers in group and individual remote sessions designed to foster the healthy development of each child. As of February 2021, our services are all remote. We are accepting new students and do so on an on-going basis. Please contact us to learn more about enrollment at (626) 664-2153. The Center has reduced business hours for staff and business operations, but someone will respond to any inquiries within a week.
Reopening the Blind Children’s Center (BCC)
Like all business, BCC is required to follow state and local public health protocols, CAL OSHA workplace health and safety guidelines, as well as guidelines from CA Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division. This webpage serves as a hub for our Covid-19 Prevention Plan, protocols and policies. As we continue to assess and plan for the reopening of BCC for in-person services, we will update this page and documents. If you have questions relating to any of these documents, please email Sarah Orth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appendix A: Identification of Covid-19 Hazards
- Appendix B: Covid-19 Inspections
- Appendix C: Self Screening Questionnaire
- Appendix D: On-Site Screening Questionnaire
- Appendix E: Social Distance Guidance (LA County Public Health)
- Appendix F: Cloth Face Covering Guidance (LA County Public Health)
- Appendix G: Guidance for Early Childhood Education (LA County Public Health)
- Appendix H: Exposure Management Plan (LA County Public Health)
- Appendix I: Screening and Exposure Decision Pathways for Symptomatic Persons and Contacts of a Potentially Infected Persons at Educational Institutions (LA County Public Health)
- Appendix J: Investigation Form
- Appendix K: Training Roster
- Appendix L: Remote Training Log